1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Monday, November 23, 2009

I am Thankful. . .

Students in the computer lab have been writing a pattern poem about being thankful. Each stanza takes one of the five senses and the students tell what they are thankful for in regard to that sense. I want to share some of these with you. This first one is from Ethan in fourth grade.

I am Thankful for. . .

Thank you for eyes that see. . .
the brown leaves on the ground
my family that I love so much,
the Thanksgiving dinner,
and all my pets that I love.

Thank you for my ears that hear. . .
my mom in the kitchen,
my dad telling me the dinner's done
the preacher on Sunday morning,
and the bus that runs by my house.

Thank you for my mouth that tastes. . .
the breakfast in the morning,
the food that we eat on Thanksgiving Day
the ice cream after dinner,
and cake after a party.

Thank you for my hands that feel. . .
the football in my hands,
the heat from the heater,
the leaves in my hands when I play,
and the fur of my dog Bobo.

Thank you for a nose that smells. . .
the fresh pie on the table,
the cookies in the oven,
the fresh air in the field
And my mom's perfume.
Thank you God for everything!

No comments: