1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More Thanksgiving Poems

Here's another poem to share with you. This one is from Sarah Jo in the fifth grade.

Thank You

Thank you for eyes that see. . .
the chickens laying eggs in the hay loft,
the beautiful moonlight,
my wonderful family and friends,
and the beautiful hickory nut tree in my backyard.

Thank you for my ears that hear. . .
coyotes howling in the nightfall,
a basketball bouncing on the floor,
the sound of music,
and bacon sizzling on the griddle.

Thank you for my mouth that tastes. . .
tasty scrambled eggs,
a warm bowl of chili,
wonderful apple pie,
and the taste of sweet cherries

Thank you for my hands that feel. . .
the softness of my big fluffy blanket
the warmness of my house
the smooth keys on the piano
and the fur on my pet's back.

Thank you for a nose that smells. . .
the long-lasting cinnamon
a fresh cake baking in the oven
a big pot full of beans
and a bowl of soup.
Thank you God for everything!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am searching same kind of thanksgiving 2014 poems . thank you so much sharing with us. please upload more poems for us.