1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Poetry Contest Winners

Here are a couple of winners from the Poetry Contest held today. We will feature others over the next few days.

My Garden
by Jada Lee, 1st Grade

Flowers, Flowers, so many different types.
Some people like them, some people do not.
Flowers are beautiful to me, no matter what.

Flowers come in every color.
They can be yellow, blue, pink, purple or even white.
I pick them during the day, they grow back at night.


Ruthie
by Elisha Cummings, 3rd Grade

I have a new pup, a sweet little girl
to me she is the cutest little pup in the world.
Her coat is red, her eyes are brown
Her ears are long, her belly is round.
She likes to run and bark and play
And is always happy to see me at the end of the day.


Why Summer is Cool
by Dustin Fulton

You don't need school, all you need is a pool.
Instead of working all day, you can drink lemonade and play.
And when you don't have home work all you have is fun.

No comments: