1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Friday, April 4, 2008

Picture of the Day!



The picture of the day comes to you from my kitchen windowsill.  This orchid was a Mother's Day gift from my youngest daughter.  She gave it to me five or six years ago.  It was filled with flowers and wrapped in colorful paper. The blooms lasted for a couple of weeks and  fell off! 

 For all that time it has sat in the kitchen window.  Oh, I kept it watered, but as you can see I never changed its pitiful little pot.  Notice the lovely saucer I placed underneath.  It has from time to time had sprouts that came out and sometimes more leaves, but it just basically sat there.  Several times I had it in my hand to put in the trash, but something kept me from placing it there.  Last week I noticed the buds and this week look what has happened!  

I think there is probably a lesson here, maybe more than one.  One lesson is have patience (good things come to those who wait)  and the other is never give up!  I think this time when the flowers fall, I'll buy a new container, some fresh potting soil and let it stay in my window!!!

1 comment:

House Queen said...

What a great lesson! I am glad you shared this! I am terrible with plants as well! :-)