1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moving On. . .

Thirty-four years ago a young girl, fresh out of college walked back into the high school where she had been a student and became one of the faculty members. She was filled with youthful enthusiasm and ready to start doing what she had always wanted--be a teacher.
Last Friday, she left after teaching three generations of students and at some point all grades K-12.

That girl, of course, was me and I would like to think that I never lost my youthful enthusiasm!
I started this blog in 2008 hoping to give parents a place to go for information when they ask the age old question, "What did you do at school today?" and then heard the reply, "nothing."
Six hundred posts later, I'm here to say good-bye.

I'm leaving the blog with a promise from Miss Rebekah that she will take good care of it and provide you with information and of course, your favorite, lots of pictures. You may have noticed that she has made the last couple of posts. She is full of youthful enthusiasm, and will do a terrific job.

You'll now find me reading a book, or being Parker's Nana or doing lots of interesting things. Maybe Miss Rebekah will let me guest blog from time to time!

In the meantime you can still e-mail me (gibsond2@k12tn.net), friend me on facebook or look at my personal blog to see what I'm up to!
I thank each of you for all the compliments and "thank yous" that I have received from the K-8 blog readers. You made my day when I opened my e-mail and read your comments or when I met you in person and you had praise for the blog.

Thanks,
Miss Delilah

2 comments:

Ms Rebekah said...

So I clicked on my K8 Computer Lab bookmark, just like I always do when I sit down at a computer, just to see if there might be anything "new", (I did know that I hadn't posted anything new but just wanted to check, because, you never know) and when I got there I was pleasantly surprised by your post and wanted to let you know that I hope you are already enjoying your time and that we expect you to keep in touch whenever you can!

House Queen said...

So...I totally missed this post until now and I just had tears fall down my cheeks. It will be in great hands but you know i will forever miss having you with me at school! I love you Delilah!