1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where's Miss Delilah now?

These last two days I have been at a conference in Gatlinburg. Tonight it is very cold here in the Smoky Mountains and yesterday school in Sevier County was cancelled because of high winds and flooding. But neither the wind nor the cold has stopped me from learning! Hey, I've been a student this week, too. I've been going to sessions about writing so I have several new ideas to try with my students. Several of the sessions were about technology and I tried to attend those. Here's an interesting fact I learned today: If the population of facebook were a country; it would be the fourth largest in the world!
I also talked with one of my favorite authors today, his name is Mike Shoulders. He wrote V is for Volunteer and Count on Us just to name a couple. I know Miss Cross or myself or one of the other teachers has read V is for Volunteer to you, it's all about Tennessee. He signed a book for my favorite boy!
On tomorrow's schedule there is a session about Wedkinz! I know many of my students use that website every time they come to computer lab, so that will probably be one of my choices for the morning. See you Monday, have a great week-end.

1 comment:

House Queen said...

I hope you are having fun! I wish I was there to get my hands on some cool goodies!!!!