1016 Woodlawn Drive ~ Byrdstown, TN 38549 ~ 931-864-3496

Monday, August 25, 2008

Are you a Technology Immigrant or Native?

Today at lunch I was talking with some fellow educators about how some of us older people are technology immigrants--we adapted to technology as it became available. (I remember when having a color TV was a big deal). Our students are technology natives they were born into a world filled with technology. They are not afraid to use it and accept it as a way of life. I used this story from my family's blog to illustrate the point, so indulge me while I share a grandma story!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails. . .

Yesterday while Parker was playing in his Elmo sprinkler, he found a toad.

He picked it up and examined the poor thing and it make a little chirping noise, maybe because it was terrified and maybe because it was being held a little tight, but Parker must have thought it was a cell phone because. . .
He answered it!
Hello!
No toads were harmed during the photo session that led to this post!

2 comments:

Miz Patti said...

I love it!!!!

House Queen said...

If I heard this story 100 more times, I would still LOVE IT!!! :-)